Now that school’s out, we want to make sure our students have a summer filled with fun, learning and wellness. Here are a few resources to help our families make the most of summer break:
- Free summer lunches for all kids: DPS is participating in the 2018 Summer Meal Program to offer free breakfast and lunch for all kids 18 and younger at participating schools. Adults may also participate in the program for only $3. Click here to learn more.
- MY Denver Card access pass: Children ages five to 18 can have free access to recreation centers, pools and cultural facilities through the MY Denver Card program. Click here to learn more and to sign up to receive the “key to the city.”
- Summer reading resource: All DPS students have 24/7 access to the OverDrive eBook Library online. The library is available anytime, anywhere from any device. Students simply log in and can choose eBooks from a large collection of relevant and engaging reading materials.
- Mi Casa Summer Camp 2018: Mi Casa Resource Center is holding a free six-week summer camp for sixth- through ninth-graders to engage them in sports, leadership, arts and crafts, robotics, reading and more! Summer camp is from 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, June 11-July 20 at Cheltenham Elementary. Breakfast and lunch are provided. To register, fill out this form and return it to a Mi Casa Staff member.
- Free admission days: The Scientific & Cultural Facilities District has partnered with organizations such as the Denver Art Museum, Denver Botanic Gardens, Denver Center for the Performing Arts and more to offer free admission days to students with MY Denver Cards. Click here to see the list of organizations and their free admission days.
- Learning Heroes’ Summer Stride program: Parents can keep their kids learning over the summer by utilizing Learning Heroes’ three-step plan, which provides tools and resources that prepare kids for the next school year. Click here for more information.
Originally posted on dpsk12.org