If you’re looking to…Transform DPS Values into Action…Vision into Reality…
Obstacles into Innovation…Risks into Rewards…
Then DPS Aspire is for YOU!
DPSAspire (DPSA) is a 2 day values-based leadership experience designed for DPS leaders that include: AAs, Assistant Principals, Central Office Coordinators, Central Office Managers, Facilitators, Instructional Support Partners, Student Advisors, Teachers, Teacher Leaders, Teacher Effectiveness Coaches, TIF Teacher Leaders, and Peer Observers
Participants will be able to:
- Identify individual leadership capacity, style, and strengths
- Increase self awareness about assumptions/biases and begin to challenge assumptions
- Build meaningful relationships with peers and colleagues across DPS
- Learn how to lead through the lens of cultural responsiveness and equity
- Learn how to leverage and take action through sphere of influence
- Understand the importance of cultivating greatness in others
- Learn how to navigate a difficult conversation
- Identify strengths and opportunities for growth with integrating the DPS values
- Learn how to lead for change through Mission and Values (M&V)
- Develop strategies and action plan to grow and improve, both personally and professionally
What DPSAspire Participants are Saying About the Experience
I love working in Denver Public Schools. I came to Martin Luther King Jr. Early College because I was committed to the vision and purpose of equity in student achievement. I have attended and benefitted from scores of professional development that refined and renewed my practice. DPSAspire however was of a different caliber. It was the first training that truly addressed and impacted my soul as a teacher and leader. We have all encountered those leaders who lead from a truly authentic, passionate place; they seem to just have a different skill set or a gift. While that may be true, DPSAspire began to deepen my capacity to be that type of leader as well.
Martin Luther King Jr. Early College
HS Math Teacher Leader
Sign Me Up!
Registration is fast and easy! You can register one of two ways:
- Click here to register via Professional Learning System (PLS)
- Teachers and other DCTA employees can register here via Schoolnet.
- Step 1: Sign into SchoolNet
- Step 2: Search dpsa1617 under the Educator Development tab/ PD Search
- Step 3: Choose your date and click “Register”. You will receive a message when you have been successfully registered.
For more information about DPSAspire please contact us at DPSAspire@dpsk12.org
Learn more and download our current flyer here: DPS Aspire Flyer 2017