Transform DPS values into action, vision into reality, obstacles into innovation and risks into rewards during this two-day program for DPS educators.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify individual leadership capacity, style, and strengths
- Increase self awareness about assumptions/biases and begin to challenge assumptions
- Build meaningful relationships with peers and colleagues across DPS
- Learn how to lead through the lens of cultural responsiveness and equity
- Learn how to leverage and take action through sphere of influence
- Understand the importance of cultivating greatness in others
- Learn how to navigate a difficult conversation
- Identify strengths and opportunities for growth with integrating the DPS values
- Learn how to lead for change through Mission and Values (M&V)
- Develop strategies and action plan to grow and improve, both personally and professionally
I love working in Denver Public Schools. I came to Martin Luther King Jr. Early College because I was committed to the vision and purpose of equity in student achievement. I have attended and benefitted from scores of professional development that refined and renewed my practice. DPSAspire however was of a different caliber. It was the first training that truly addressed and impacted my soul as a teacher and leader. We have all encountered those leaders who lead from a truly authentic, passionate place; they seem to just have a different skill set or a gift. While that may be true, DPSAspire began to deepen my capacity to be that type of leader as well.
Martin Luther King Jr. Early College
HS Math Teacher Leader