Are you looking for culturally responsive teaching strategies to meet the needs of all your students? Are you looking for ways to connect with people from diverse backgrounds? Click on the link to sign-up today for the CRT PDU, spots are limited, so register today! This is a 6 session course designed for all educators to gain the skills necessary for working with our diverse learners. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Foundational Experiences for Culturally Responsive Teachers:
This is training an introductory exploration of culturally responsive teaching practices, participants will be able to:
- Implement strategies to meet the needs of diverse learners
- Build relationships with students and families
- Create a caring, culturally responsive environment
- Expand their perspectives of students and families from various cultures, instructional practice, classroom management discipline dis-proportionality, and class culture.
- Understand the impact of their bias and assumptions on student and family relationships
Advanced Experiences for Culturally Responsive Teachers:
This training will provide educators with a deeper understanding of culturally responsive teaching (CRT) practices. Participants will be able to:
- Expand their foundational experiences in culturally responsive teaching
- Examine and understand the implications of personal culture on students
- Identify how our biases impact our ability to be in authentic relationships.
- Explore their own personal privilege and how that impacts their interactions with students, families and colleagues.
- Hold meaningful and purposeful conversations with colleagues and students around the issues of race, diversity and equity.