Find resources on the African-American Equity Task Force including background and reports, research and education, and additional diversity, equity and inclusion efforts.
Background and Reports
- Read: African-American Equity Task Force Recommendations (.PDF)
- Read: Accomplishments and Next Steps (.PDF)
- Read: The Dr. Bailey Report. A qualitative study commissioned to understand the positive and negative factors affecting our students and educators. The African-American Equity Task Force was created in response to this study.
- Denver Plan 2020: The Denver Plan 2020 is the Denver Public Schools five-year strategic plan. With the vision of Every Child Succeeds, we are committed to five goals designed to close academic achievement gaps and prepare all students for success in college and careers. Learn More.
In The News
- Hiring of Senior Program Manager of Equity Initiatives: Learn More
- Watch: DPS Launches a New African-American Equity Task Force
- Inspiring Hope for Equity
- Acknowledging institutional racism, Denver Public Schools details response to black educators’ concerns
Research and Education
- Haas Institute For a Fair and Inclusive Society
- Leading Towards Equity – Targeted Universalism: John A. Powell
- “The Importance of Targeted Universalism” from the Poverty and Race Research Action Council
Are you interested in receiving updates about our progress, invites to events in support of equity and inclusion, and opportunities to provide meaningful feedback? If so, please complete the form to register as an Equity Ambassador. Register HERE